Monday 31 October 2016

Reflection Zone: Exodus - standing on holy ground

This week take some time to stand on ‘Holy Ground’.  
Before moving into a time of reflection,
quite intentionally take your shoes off
and feel your feet on the floor.
Light a candle -
to represent the burning bush in front of you.
Kneel or sit down while focusing on the flame.
Allow the thoughts which float into your mind to float out again as you concentrate on the light.
Be aware of your breath
as you inhale and exhale.
In the silence, watching the flame flickering, imagine the words
‘I Am’ 
being said, with conviction, three times over:
‘I Am’… ‘I Am’… ‘I Am’…
Know that in this moment you are in the presence of God.
Every time your mind wanders imagine the words are repeated again.
‘I Am’… ‘I Am’… ‘I Am’… 
Continue with this reflection for around fifteen minutes.
Allow the God of the present moment to consciously remain with you
after you have reverently blown out the candle and put on your shoes.
You may choose to put your palms together in a prayer position
in front of your heart and bow your head in thanks
before leaving this ‘Holy Ground’.
‘I Am’… ‘I Am’… ‘I Am’…

[a reflection from 'Spill the Beans']

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi - thanks for visiting.
We're always happy to receive comments, however,
we do moderate them to avoid spam.